Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Catching Up

I realize I've been very lax in my blogging lately, but for good reason.  We are insanely busy.  We're in the process of selling our home, buying a new one, and closing on both at just the right time.  It's been a whirlwind of excitement, exhaustion, and extreme energy (like how I used only "e" words...clever, huh?). We are under contract for the new home, but it will need some updates in the kitchen, flooring updates in several rooms, and lots of painting, once we take ownership of it.  We're excited...but have I mentioned that we're exhausted?

This weekend we are having a huge yard sale, along with several neighbor's, as I've been organizing a neighborhood block sale.  This task alone has me very busy.  It's a nice feeling to part with unnecessary items that find their way into your home, and suddenly begin occupying space in your attic.  The kids are anxiously planning a lemonade/doughnut stand.  I'm not sure how much profit will be made, but I have a feeling each child will be going to bed Saturday night with a belly ache.

I have some things on my mind that I hope to blog more about soon, but for tonight I just wanted to play catch up a bit - let you know I haven't forgotten about this blogging thing.  Some things have had to be set aside for the time being (like cooking dinner) while we focus on other things.  Life will eventually settle down again, and things like blogging and social media will resume their place of importance...in the meantime, if I forget to wish someone a Happy Birthday, or "like" someone's status, I'm sorry  :)



No comments: