Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cookie Decorating - Yes Please!

If you know me, and I'm sure you do, you know I LOVE to bake!  For me, it's comfort.  For others, it's comfort and weight gain.  I love to bake for my family.  I love to bake and give it away.  It's just me!  From the first time I could make chocolate chip cookies on my own, my mom allowed me to bake whenever I wanted.  So I did.  There's the obvious problem, weight gain, too much sugar, white flour, unnecessary calories, blah, blah, blah...  But, the joy of watching someone taste something delicious, and oooh and ahhh while eating it, and know that I made it, it's a great feeling.

My sister-in-law has jokingly said that I solve problems for others with cookies...."oh, you're sad, here's some cookies."  I might think that I solve my own problems with cookies....but, we won't dwell on that too long.  One particular relative of mine tells me I should stop baking - why would I?  Would you tell a scrap-booker to stop scrapbooking?  A seamstress to stop sewing?  A hunter to stop hunting?  No!  This is my hobby, and I can use it to make others happy.

Well...getting to the point.  Yes, I have a point.  I enjoy dabbling with cookie decorating on occasion.  Today I came across this cookbook that was just released, and I've decided I would really like to have it.  I may need to add it to my Christmas Wish List, or perhaps I'll win it from the site I entered to win it on.  Here's hoping...


Here's a couple samples of my more recent cookie decorating creations...They're simple.
I'd love to learn more tips and tricks.  





No comments: