Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Potato Soup

This is my first time sharing a recipe on my new blog.  Since it is fall, and since I love soup, I figured this was a good place to start...that, and the fact that I made this for supper tonight, and the inspiration was right in front of me.  Literally!  

This recipe for Potato Soup came from my Grandma (my mom's mom), and it is a favorite in our household. It's pure comfort, and deliciousness!  I wasn't thinking about blogging the recipe while preparing the soup, so forgive the fact that I don't have any pictures of the actual prep process.

So, without further adieu, here's the recipe.  


Potato Soup

3 Cups Chopped (peeled) Potatoes (I like Russet or Idaho for this recipe)
1 C. Water
1/2 C. Celery Slices
1/2 C. Carrot Slices
1/4 C. Chopped Onion
1 t. Parsley Flakes
1 Chicken Bouillon Cube
1/2 t. Salt
Dash of Pepper
1 1/2 C. Milk
2 T. Flour
Few Chunks or Slices of Cheese  (I like shredded cheddar, but Velveeta would be great, too)

Cook Vegetabls & Seasonings until done (About 12 to 15 minutes).  Gradually add milk to flour.  Add milk mixture to vegetables.  Cook until thickened.  Add cheese.  Stir until melted.  

This recipe yields about 5 servings.  I often double it, since we love the leftovers!

No comments: