Thursday, February 27, 2014

Yep, I'm Giving You Homework

I realize this post might get some eye rolls, or give the idea of an extremist mindset.  Just know that these are my thoughts/convictions, based on my own findings.  The nature of my blog is to talk about issues that interest me, share my thoughts with you, and if some discussion comes from it - great!  If you disagree, no worries...I can only tell you things from my vantage point.

I recently wrote about my stand on the pro-life issue, and was encouraged by the support I received on that post.  I'd like to take it a step farther, and bring some attention to another area I feel strongly about.  Birth control....okay, okay, before you start thinking that I want to be the next 19 Kids & Counting, stop right there.  That is not what I'm getting at.

I recently read another blogger's post on this subject, and it challenged me to once again think about this topic.  I am not a doctor, but as a wife and mom, I want to ask you to do your research before taking any chemical form of birth control; The pill, IUD's, patch, etc.  If you have a pro-life conviction, and believe life begins at conception, then you need to be educated on the fact that chemical birth control can have an abortifacient effect.

I have used different chemical birth control methods through the years, without ever looking into what it could do.  After each baby, the first thing my care provider would ask is, "what type of birth control do you want?"  It is just assumed that you want it, and I assumed I was to take it.  But, research and conviction has changed my thinking.

I will not go into detail telling you how to go about birth control in a different way, just urging you to ask questions about what you're taking.

Here are a couple websites I found helpful:
Does the pill cause abortion?
The Truth About Contraceptives

Okay, here's my conclusion - It is always best to be educated about what we put into our bodies, and just because you may not use chemical birth control, doesn't mean you can't find a method that will work for you & your spouse.  Research and pray about what is best for your situation.  Not everyone is going to be a Duggar.

*Once again, although you might think I'm a medical professional (why are you laughing?), I'm not.  It is always good to talk to your doctor about any concerns or questions you may have, but don't underestimate the power of your own instinct/conviction.  God gave you that!

2 comments: