Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Blogging Fears

Over the past several months my mind has been flooded with ideas for this blog.  Things I'd like to write about.  Topics I think would be fun to discuss - and so on, and so forth, and what have you (channeling my inner Sue Heck....never mind).  The problem:  inspiration strikes at inconvenient times.  While standing in the check-out at WalMart I write an entire post in my head about standing in the line at WalMart.  When I get home, my brain is fried after putting away 4,000 bags of groceries, and I remember nothing.  So, to help myself with this problem I've been tucking away ideas on the memo pad of my phone for quite some time.

Here goes...another attempt at blogging.  I love blogging, but in the past I let my insecurity get in the way of enjoying something I...well, enjoy.

I'm a big fan of being real, so for a moment I'm going to be real with you about my blogging insecurity:
     a) 10 people thought the post was fun, 1 person didn't...my mind let's that 1 person win
     b)  I'm married to a Pastor, I should be more Pastor's wifely(I think it's a word), and maybe                       not talk about things
     c)  People won't get my humor, take me too seriously, and judge me
     d)  My topics aren't spiritual enough...refer to "b" where I think I need to be more Pastor's wifely             like...
     e)  I don't have enough inspiration, and therefore should shut it down altogether
     f)  I've blogged about parenting, and my kids aren't perfect.  I've blogged about healthy eating,  
         and gained all the weight back (see also: weight is an insecure area for me), and I've blogged
         about loss/death, but I know my story is different than others.

So, these are a few of the thoughts I've struggled with on this blogging topic....there are a laundry list of other things I struggle with.  Hang in there reader, you're about to be my therapy.  I've got issues that need hung out to dry.  So, from now on, I want to keep it real.  Keep it funny.  Keep it honest, and sometimes, just maybe, keep it painful.

Jump on in and read, or get off the ride and keep moving.  I will work through it.  Let's have fun (singing "Girls just wanna have fun" always helps...or, "Can't Touch This." The choice is yours)!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.